To lead and manage the department so that it realises its potential and delivers excellence in the full portfolio of academic activity, within the context of the operation and strategic development of the Faculty and University.
• To contribute to the formation of strategy and plans at Faculty level, through engagement with the Faculty colleagues, environment scanning and assessment of opportunities and risks
• To ensure delivery of the Department’s contribution to University and Faculty strategic plans.
• To support and develop academic leadership in the department and wider community
• Effective management of all staff in the Education and Research job family, plus other staff as delegated, through the establishment and operation of an effective Departmental leadership team
• Appropriate and effective management of the Departmental budgets.
• Management of the Department’s physical estate as appropriate
• Ensuring that Health, Safety and Environmental practice in the Department complies with University policy and regulations.
• Ensuring effective representation of the Department’s interests within and outside the University.
• Ensuring that the activities of the Department are undertaken in accordance with the governance, policy and regulatory frameworks of the University.
Master's degree in Education, Business Administration, or related field
minimum 10 years of experience in academic leadership roles
Familiar with education regulations and standards, including MQA and MOHE
Excellent leadership, organizational, and communication skills
Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively
Ability to drive change and innovation in academic programs